Siehe auch > Royal Marines setzen taktische Drohne ein
- In ihrem Bericht zum Ersteinsatz der taktischen Drohne ATAK (Android Tactical Assault Kit) loben Royal Marines ATAK übereinstimmend sehr. Die amerikanische Drohne übermittle in Echtzeit die taktische Feindlage und diene zur präzisen eigenen Standortbestimmung.
- Was ist ATAK? Dazu lohnt sich ein Blick über den Atlantik in die USA, wo ATAK längst eingeführt ist. Es bestätigt sich der Eindruck, dass die moderne Drohnen-Technik auch dem taktischen Kommandanten ein wertvolles Instrument in die Hand gibt, das ihm gegenüber dem Gegner erhebliche Vorteile verschafft.
Zuerst ein Bilderbogen, der einen Eindruck vom ATAK-Einsatz vermittelt
Als Lesestoff die ATAK-Beschreibung in amerikanischer Sprache
ATAK-CIV & PR Logo
ATAK 220.127.116.11-PR connected to a public TAKServer.
|Developer(s)||Air Force Research Laboratory & Maintained by the TAK Product Center|
4.1 (CIV), 4.1 (MIL) / 29 July 2020
|Written in||Java, C,C++|
|Type||Situational Awareness Software|
Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK) is an Android smartphone geospatial infrastructure and military situation awareness app. It allows for precision targeting, surrounding land formation intelligence, situational awareness, navigation, and data sharing. This Android app is a part of the larger TAK family of products. ATAK has a plugin architecture which allows developers to add functionality. This extensible plugin architecture that allows enhanced capabilities for specific mission sets (Direct Action, Combat Advising, Law Enforcement, Protection Operations, Border Security, Disaster Response, Off-grid Communications, Precision Mapping and Geotagging).
It enables users to navigate using GPS and geospatial map data overlayed with real-time situational awareness of ongoing events. The ATAK software represents the surrounding area using the military standard MIL-STD-2525Bsymbology, and customized symbols such as icons from Google Earth and Google Maps for iconography and the Cursor on Target data format standard for communication.
As of 2020, ATAK has a growing base of 250,000 military and civilian users across numerous public safety agencies and US partner nations. And has seen the addition of 15 United States Department of Defenseprograms.
ATAK began in August 2010 and was originally based on NASA WorldWind Mobile. The goal was to demonstrate robust information sharing in a mobile format.
In October 14, 2014 U.S. Army Geospatial Center recommended AFRL‘s Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK), over the world-leader Esri’s Commercial Joint Mapping Tool Kit (CJMTK), NASA’s World Wind, and the Army’s Globe Engine (AGE) for map engine driving the Nett Warrior End User Device. ATAK was selected due to similar capabilities with CJMTK, similar risk, and less than one-third of the total cost. Read the full, public released report Nett Warrior Map Engine Trade Study
According to a January 2016 article in National Defense Magazine, “[ATAK] has already been fielded to AFSOC units”.
Polaris integrated its Ground Guidance software into an ATAK Plugin to allow on and off-road routing for mounted and dismounted soldiers, accounting for terrain, weather, enemy activity and equipment load.
The Android Team Awareness Kit or TAK is currently used by thousands of Department of Homeland Security personnel, along with other members of the Homeland Security Enterprise including state and local public safety personnel. It is in various stages of transition across DHS components and is the emerging DHS-wide solution for tactical awareness. TAK’s exceptional tactical value has already been proven time and again.
TAK has supported the rescue of over 2,000 people during disaster response for seven major hurricanes (Harvey, Irma, Maria, Florence, Lane, Michael, and Dorian). The capability is also regularly used during daily public safety operations and national security special events like United Nations General Assembly meetings and the Super Bowl
ATAK has various end-user versions:
- ATAK – Public Release (ATAK-PR) – Was made available for download on takmaps.com in April 2020. ATAK-PR is publicly releasable version of the TAK Product line for public individuals for public uses. This version of ATAK is not plugin capable. And is only compatible with arm64 based systems due to file size restrictions. End users with armeabi-v7a or x86 devices are to use ATAK-CIV.
- ATAK – Civilian (ATAK-CIV) – A distribution controlled but fully-releasable version of the TAK Product line for First Responders, Licensed Commercial Developers. Distribution for ATAK-CIV is through Approved, Government Hosted Sites, Direct Commercial Sales (DCS). This version has no ITAR capabilities.
- ATAK – Government (ATAK-GOV) – ITAR restricted version of the TAK Product line for USG entities and Foreign Government. Distribution for ATAK-GOV are through Approved, Government Hosted Sites; Direct Commercial Sales (DCS). This version of ATAK has no military (MIL) sensitive capabilities.
- ATAK – Military (ATAK-MIL) – Military Sensitive version of the TAK Product line for US and Foreign Military end-users. Similar to ATAK-GOV, distribution is through Approved, Government Hosted Sites. However, is not available through Direct Commercial Sales (DCS).
- ATAK – FVEY “Five Eyes” (ATAK-FVEY)